Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer. Maamoul cookies are the famous middle eastern shortbread pastries filled with dates or nuts. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. Stuff the cookies and form them using this technique.
They are an ancient Arab dessert that are often made to celebrate Eid, the end of The shape of the mold signifies what filling is inside the cookie. Round with a flat top means a date stuffed maamoul. See great recipes for Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer too! You can have Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer
- It’s 2 cups of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water.
- You need 1 cup of butter, melted.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- You need 125 g of date paste.
- You need 2 teaspoons of butter.
- It’s 1 pinch of mahlab, if available.
Add the chocolate chips, dates and bacon. Maamoul is an Arabian cuisine originated cookie recipe made in many. . Add the dates , water, and salt to a food processor. Ma'amoul means "stuffed" in Arabic, and these cookies can be stuffed with a number of different fillings.
Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer step by step
- In a bowl, mix the semolina and ferkha flour with the butter. Cover with a kitchen cloth and leave overnight..
- Add the orange blossom water, rose water and dissolved yeast to the flour and butter mixture. Knead until you get a soft dough..
- To prepare the stuffing: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the date paste and mahlab then mash the mix with the back of a spoon until pureed..
- Divide the date paste into small cherry-sized balls and leave them aside for later use..
- Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls. Place the dough ball in the palm of your hand and with your finger make a hole in it. Fill it with a date paste ball; close the dough and roll into a ball..
- Place the ball into the maamoul mold and pack it well inside it for the dough to take the shape of the mold. To unmold, flip the mold and tap it on the table. The cookie will fall out..
- Place the maamoul in an oven tray and bake at high temperature for about 15 to 20 min or until they are blushed..
- Note: These cookies have a long shelf-life. They can be stored in an airtight container..
Date filling is traditional for celebrating Eid, but walnuts (flavored either with orange blossom syrup or cinnamon) and pistachios (flavored with rose water and orange blossom water) are also. For as long as I can remember, all the women in my family have made these Ma'amoul cookies for the Christmas and Easter holidays. They would all gather together at my grandma or mom's home to bake the cookies while drinking fenjan ahweh (Arabic Coffee), gossiping about family members. There are amazing cookies to be found internationally and these shortbread cookies with a spiced date filling are a great first stop in exploring desserts around the world. A wide variety of maamoul date cookies options are available to you, such as taste, packaging, and product type.