Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh. Knafeh is shredded phyllo dough (find it in Middle Eastern markets) which is filled here with a wonderful cheese blend Making Knafeh with Seedo Knafeh is a middle eastern dessert. This gorgeous cardamon bunt cake cake with rosewater and pistachios is not exactly diet food.
Popular throughout the Levant, this syrup-soaked cheese dessert is commonly encased with kataifi pastry, but this recipe from Sydney's modern Lebanese restaurant Embers Mezze Bar uses a crushed Corn Flakes and. The traditional cheese used in Knafeh Nabulsi is Akkawi cheese (variant spellings: ackawi, akawwi, akawi), named after the Aker region of Palestine where it originated. Semolina Cake with Rose Water and Pistachios. You can have Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh
- It’s 500 g of knafeh dough, or mafroukeh.
- You need 500 g of akkawi cheese, if available, or any other unsalted white cheese like mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It’s 200 g of butter.
- It’s of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
Mahalabia, a Middle Eastern Chilled Milk Dessert. Typically, cheese kunafa, like Nabulsia or knafeh bil jibn, are filled with Arabic cheeses with melting Layer the cheese between Semolina Pudding. I ran into this genius solution while searching for It really depends on the type of pan you use and your oven. I use a light weight aluminum cake pan and.
Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh step by step
- To get a completely unsalted cheese, soak in water for 24 hr. Make sure to change the water 4 to 5 times..
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- Spread the knafeh dough in a 35 cm diameter baking pan forming a layer of around 1.5 cm in thickness. Bake the dough in the oven at medium heat, until the bottom and the side of the dough turn golden in color..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes and place them in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the water oozes out. Discard the water..
- Add in the fine semolina and ½ cup of the syrup and mix. When the cheese mixture starts boiling, remove from heat and pour over the baked knafeh dough..
- Place a large serving tray over the knafeh pan and turn the pan upside down. Let the knafeh drop on the serving tray while slowly removing the pan..
- Cut the knafeh into square pieces and serve warm with sugar syrup..
Jibneh Arabieh (or Jibni) is a semi-hard white cheese found throughout the Middle East. It is particularly popular in Egypt and the Arabian Gulf area. Locals fry it up in the pan and serve it with sunny side up. It is also an ingredient in many sweet and savoury pastries such as knafeh. For the cake, mix the semolina, sugar, flour, ground almonds, baking powder and orange zest together in a bowl until well combined.