You can have Scottish Shortbread using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scottish Shortbread
- You need 1 lb of butter softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4-4 1/2 cups of flour (approximately).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
Scottish Shortbread instructions
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add about 4 cups of flour to butter mixture a 1/2 cup or so at a time mixing thoroughly between additions until dough forms a ball adding more flour as needed.
- Roll out into a rectangle or press evenly into a 9 by 12 baking pan (I use a glass baking pan).
- About 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, score with a knife into approximate 1 1/2 x 3 inch pieces and dock with a fork.
- Bake in a 325 Degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and cut along score marks while still warm, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Yield 24 biscuits.