Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies. Thick & chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookie recipe! I believe I have mentioned this before, whenever it's one of my nieces or nephews birthdays, they get to pick what kind of cookie I make and mail to them. These colorful Christmas cookies are the simplest recipe to follow, and a sweet way to celebrate with your family!
Cookies are a family tradition at our house. These maraschino chocolate cherry cookies are absolutely adorable – they're pink! – and they taste just as good as they look. If the name didn't give it away, we packed each cookie full of chocolate chips, chewy maraschino cherry pieces (and cherry juice), and vanilla and almond extract for added. You can have Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 of –3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels.
Thick & chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookie recipe! Maraschino Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Maraschino cherries are the stars of the show in these very soft cookies with chewy edges and tender, soft, pillowy centers. The cherries add sweetness and their bright color is eye-catching.
Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper. In large bowl with mixer beat butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Turn mixer to stir or low and slowly add flour mixing in until incorporated. Mix in maraschino cherry juice and maraschino cherries. Stir in chocolate chips..
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper. Spray bottom the of a glass with non stick cooking spray and flatten balls. You will need to spray glass several times. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing cookies to cookie cooling racks..
I first tasted these cookies during a "cookie swap" at work a few years ago. Now I make them every Christmas for our family get-together. Insert a chocolate chip into each maraschino cherry. Wrap a tablespoon of dough around each cherry. Maraschino cherries are pretty much my most favorite thing EVER.