New York cheesecake.
You can cook New York cheesecake using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New York cheesecake
- You need of Crust.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 24 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Strawberry topping.
- Prepare 1 box of strawberries.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of red food coloring.
New York cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 °F..
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside..
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Press on bottom and up sides of prepared pan..
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool..
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk at high speed with a beater until creamy..
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, mixing well..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until each one is incorporated. TIP: Beat eggs at minimum speed or manually. If too much air gets into the mix then it will puff too much during baking and then crack when it sinks..
- Add lime juice and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth..
- Pour into prepared crust..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until mixture is almost set and slightly firm to the touch. Run a knife around edge of pan to release sides and help prevent cracking..
- Cool to room temperature, cover and chill at least 8 hours..
- Crush the strawberries with a fork and place them in a small pot..
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the crushed strawberries..
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 cup of sugar and food coloring..
- Cook until dense, then remove from heat and cool..
- Cover the cheesecake with the topping and refrigerate until cold..