Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze.
You can cook Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze
- It’s of For The Berries.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh mixed berries, I used blueberries, sliced strawberries and. blackberries. (frozen can be used if no fresh are available).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For Crust and Topping.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 10 tablespoons of cold salted butter, cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 of large egg yolk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla ext0ract.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare of For White and Milk Chocolate Glaze.
- You need 2 ounces of white chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 ounces of milk chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 8 by 8 inch sqare baking pan with foil extending foil over sides for easy removing of bars. Spray foil with bakers spray.
- In a bowl combine berries sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest and salt until all berries are coated.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, cut in the butter, vanilla and egg yolk and mix with a fork or pulse in the food processor until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Press about 2/3 of the crumbs into the prepared pan, packing down to form a crust.
- Add your berries evenly over crust.
- Add the brown sugar to the remaining crums and mix with a fork.
- Crumble over berries and bake about 45 minutes until top is golden and fruit is bubbling. Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Lift out by lifting foil and removing the crumble whole.
- Make Glazes.
- For White Chocolate glaze, have chopped chocolate. In a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate and stir until smooth.
- For milk chocolate glaze. Have chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling and pour over chicolate. Stir smooth.
- Drizzle bars with glaze, when glaze sets, cut into bars.