Strawberry Shortcake Bars.
You can have Strawberry Shortcake Bars using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Prepare 1 envelope of BETTY CROCKER sugar cookie mix.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter, room temp.
- Prepare of filling.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract (if imitation use 1 tsp).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz).
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of strawberry preserves.
Strawberry Shortcake Bars step by step
- Mix flour and sugar cookie mix. add butter and cut in with a pastry knife. Should be crumbly… add 1 egg. and mix well…
- Press dough into 13×9 baking dish…bake at 350° for 15 min. edges will be brown and center will be firm…..
- Take cookie crust out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes…..
- While cookie is baking mix cream cheese (microwave for 30 seconds to get room temp) add 2 eggs… mix well….add 1/2 the sugar and vanilla…. mix well… add remained of the sugar and mix well..
- Spread on cookie crust…. place preserves in a Ziploc bag to make it easier to spread…. make 3 rows lengthwise on cream cheese layer…. take a knife and drag it through the top layer of cream cheese… bake for an additional 25 mins…. to let preserves set….
- * this resturaunts was inspired by SIMPLY DELISCIOUS.