You can cook Marble Square using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble Square
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese (room temperature).
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 5 tbs of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of chocolate chips.
Marble Square step by step
- Turn your oven on 350. In a small separate bowl add the egg, sugar and cream cheese. Set aside..
- In a small pot on the stove heat water, cocoa powder and butter till melted together. Stir well so there are no cocoa clumps..
- In a separate larger bowl place eggs, flour, sugar, sour cream, baking powder and chocolate chips. You will not mix till the next step..
- Take the pot with the cocoa off the stove. Mix in SLOWLY (so no splatter) with the ingredients in the larger bowl. A little cocoa mix at a time till all the cocoa is mixed with the dry ingredients. Now it will look like a chocolate cake mix..
- Pour the chocolate mix into a cake pan..
- Go back to the small bowl and mix those ingredients till there are no clumps..
- Mix the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter. The cream cheese doesn't have to cover the whole top of the cake. It should look like this..
- Take a fork and run it through the top layer of cream cheese so it appears to look like marble. Do this VERY gently and doesn't mix a lot..
- Take the last half of your chocolate chips and sprinkle them along the top of the cake. Put the cake in the oven for 30 minutes. If it is still giggly put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Continue baking for 5 minutes intervals if it continues to not be solid..
- And tada!! You have a marble square!!! :).