Japanese Style New York Cheesecake.
You can cook Japanese Style New York Cheesecake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Style New York Cheesecake
- It’s of Base.
- It’s 80 g of digestive cookie.
- It’s 35 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Cheesecake Mix.
- It’s 250 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 100 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of unsalted butter.
- You need 100 g of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 10 g of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of Egg Mixture.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Some melted butter to coat a 7 in/18 cm spring form cake tin.
Japanese Style New York Cheesecake step by step
- Make sure to take all your ingredients out of the fridge and let rest till all ingredients are at room temperature as this ensures that the consistency of the batter is ideal..
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (~340 degrees Fahrenheit)..
- Making the base: crush digestive cookie in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin. Melt butter over water. Add the cookie crumbs into the butter, mix well. Layer cake tin with the cookie crumb mixture and place in the fridge for later..
- Now for the cake mixture: blend the cream cheese until smooth, then add the sugar in all at once and blend until the cream cheese mixture becomes watery. Add butter and blend until smooth, followed by sour cream and vanilla extract, blend well in between adding the ingredients. Beat the egg mixture to combine and add in 3 batches, blending well in between each addition. Finally, add the corn starch and lemon juice, blend well after each addition..
- Strain the cake mixture in a sieve and pour cake mixture into the cake tin with the cookie base..
- Bake for 40~45 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius (~340 degrees Fahrenheit), or until golden brown..
- Take cake out of cake form and rest until cool. Best served after chilling in fridge for more than 4 hours..