Cheese cake with berry compote. Chef Ramsay reveals his vanilla cheese cake and berry compote recipe. Angel food cake is virtually fat-free—it's made with egg whites but no yolks—yet becomes more decadent as it soaks up the sweet juices from a farm-stand-berry compote. Press into the base and up the sides of the cake tin.
Place one cake layer on a cake stand or cake plate. The cheesecake has a delicious lemon flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet berry topping. Beat the cream cheese and sugar so there are no lumps – the last thing you want is lumps in your cheesecake. You can cook Cheese cake with berry compote using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese cake with berry compote
- Prepare 150 g of digestive biscuits, or cookies, crushed into fine crumbs.
- Prepare 65 g of butter.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- It’s 600 g of cream cheese.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- You need 20 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla pod sliced lengthways, or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of whole egg.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolk.
- You need 200 g of double cream.
Using sour cream in the recipe creates a smoother texture. A lovely springtime dessert – delicate almond-scented ricotta pound cake with strawberry rhubarb compote from Heather Christo's Generous Table. I ultimately decided to share this Almond Ricotta Pound Cake with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote for a few reasons. It's an easy quick bread/cake that.
Cheese cake with berry compote step by step
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix well..
- Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to fan 180 C. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 24cm spring-form cake tin lined with silicon paper or baking parchment. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling..
- For the filling, reduce the oven temperature to fan 140C..
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and flour. Then stir in the beaten eggs and vanilla..
- Pour on top of the biscuit base and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour, the cake should wobble a little when moved but will look puffy and set. Turn the oven off, open the door a tiny bit and leave the cake to cool completely (this minimises cracking) chill for at least 4 hours before serving..
- Berry Compote; 125g raspberry, 125g black berries, 125g blueberries, 400ml red wine, 150g demerara sugar, 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick.
- Mix wine, sugar, star anise and cinnamon stick to boil. Reduce by 50%. Turn off the heat and add the berries. Cool quickly..
Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The cheesecake will sink a bit in the center as it cools so it creates a perfect well for the cranberry compote. Strawberry Cheese cake in white plate. One piece of cake with cream chocolate fruits sweet dessert with spoon on wooden background with bokeh lights. Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake with layers of fluffy vanilla cake, fresh berry filling & mascarpone Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake.