(Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust. Grain free and paleo raspberry custard tart with a vanilla cookie crust. This grain free and Paleo friendly Raspberry Custard Tart is a summer dessert everyone will love. A paleo cookie crust is topped with creamy vanilla custard and fresh.
You get pie and cookies all at the same time. Whichever cookie you choose, you'll need to turn them into fine crumbs. Used cookie crumbs to make a tart…» This delicious, super easy-to-make fruit tart is filled with a stovetop pastry cream, topped with kiwi, raspberries and blueberries inside of a cookie crust. You can cook (Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of (Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust
- It’s of Crust.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter, melted.
- You need of Custard filling.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need of Berries.
- Prepare of 1 lb/450 gr of berries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
Refrigerated cookies get elevated to berry-ful fork food! Back where I grew up in Wisconsin, people have been baking this German treat for generations. We love it for breakfast or as a special dessert. It's no fuss to fix and impressive to serve. —Virginia Arndt, Sequim, Washington.
(Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C..
- Make the crust by whisking together the crumbs and the sugar, then pour in the melted butter and thoroughly combine. Press them evenly into the pie tin. Refrigerate for at least a half-hour before using. To make the crumbs, I buy cheap butter cookies, break them up, and toss them in the blender..
- For the custard filling, whisk together the sugar and flour in a bowl, then add the cream and egg, and whisk the whole mixture until thoroughly combined..
- For the berries, mix them with the sugar and salt in a separate bowl. NOTE: I've used frozen berries for this recipe plenty of times and they work just fine but just be sure to defrost them first. Also, if using a smaller tin, use fewer berries, naturally..
- Spoon the berries into the crust, then pour in the custard mix. Like I said, I used a smaller tin so I had some custard mix leftover. Meh, I'll live..
- Cook on the center rack for 45 minutes or so. The center should be a bit wobbly still (if making a smaller size, start checking on it after 40 minutes). Take it out of the oven, let it cool completely on a wire rack, and then refrigerate for at least two hours before serving..
A cookie crumb crust is one of my favorite things to make. The easiest thing to do is buy graham cracker crumbs. My one tip for you here is that if you have crumbs left over, put them in a resealable bag, and then back in your. Cookie crumb crusts are the go-to choice for cheesecake and some pies. These step-by-step photo instructions show you how to make one.